I came across this recipe recently, and love the idea of making vegetable pasta not just from the usual courgette, but from a whole range of veg. Rich in vitamins, minerals, complex carbs, fibres and healthy fats. This is the second peanut-based meal this month. Feel free to vary the sauce. This will go equally well with standard Bolognese or pesto. This is another handy meal equally enjoyed hot or cold the next day.
Note: It is worth investing in a spiralizer if you don’t have one already, they’re inexpensive and not a large gadget to store when not in use.
- Prep the veg, chili and garlic as above.
To start the sauce:
- Mix coconut milk and broth in a medium pan, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Now add the soy sauce and lime juice.
- All to simmer gently.
- Meanwhile, sauté the vegetables in a hot pan with some sesame oil over medium to hot heat, turning gently.
- Add 50ml of the sauce, keep stirring and heating gently.
- Now add everything back into the remainder of the sauce, stir, season with salt and pepper. Ready to serve!