This fresh and tasty stew hits the spot. It brings the Mediterranean sun into your kitchen! It contains vast amounts of nutrients including complex carbs, vitamins B and C, protein and iron. Handy to make ahead and keep in the fridge, or if you have meat-eaters in the house just add cut up sausages to make them happy too.
- Cut up the onion into bite size chunks, throw into a pan with some olive oil and sweat over medium heat.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir.
- Add the carrot slices and stir again. Sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the French beans, butter beans, tomato paste and stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer. Add the tin of tomatoes and spinach leaves.
- Keep simmering on low heat until the carrots are just right to the bite.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves!