Hummus is one of those super nutritious and delicious snacks you can vary in so many ways. Hummus originates in the Middle East, and is traditionally made with chickpeas, sesame tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Freshly homemade hummus is simply unbeatable for flavour and nutrition, and this one will be a wow canape at any party.
- In a flat bottom pan, toast all the spices briefly over medium heat, stirring gently.
- This should take no more than 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add all the other ingredients into your food processor and blend on high speed until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Now, add the spices as well as salt and pepper to taste, blend again.
- Serve in a decorative bowl drizzled with a little olive oil and some freshly picked coriander leaves, alongside vegetable sticks.