This is a super simple traditional Spanish one pan dish combining complex carbohydrates and high-quality proteins. You can eat this dish either hot, or make it ahead of time and take it with you on a picnic or barbeque. Here, I have only added some red pepper and parsley, but you can as many vegetables as you like.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan. Peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
- Cut the onions finely. Wash the pepper and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Chop up the parsley and put half away for serving.
- In a bowl, whisk up the eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Take an oven-proof deep frying pan (size about 20cm), heat up the oil and place the onions and potatoes in it.
- Keep turning so they brown nicely from all sides, this can take about 10-15mins.
- Next, add the pepper and egg mixture, sprinkle with parsley, taking care not to disturb the fried potatoes too much.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20mins.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before turning upside down and sprinkling with more parsley to serve.