Fish is such a healthy food to include in your weekly diet. I love the look of a whole fish served well, so use this recipe as a bit of a show-off when cooking for friends. It’s super easy to make! Trout is rich in healthy fats and proteins, an ideal food for keeping off weight, weight loss, muscle building and tissue repair.
- Heat your oven to 220C. Clean and prepare the vegetables.
- Slice them really thinly, ideally “julienne”.
- Grind the ginger.
- Mix the vegetables, ginger and thyme.
- Give the trout a quick rinse and stuff it with parsley.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Get 4 equal parcels of kitchen foil (they need to close over) and place the butter, vegetables and fish op top.
- Add a couple of Tbsp broth per parcel; you can add some lemon juice for extra zing.
- Close the parcels and place them in the oven for 20-30mins.
- Once out of the oven, carefully open the parcels to avoid burning your skin on hot steam.
- Serve on its own or with a side of boiled potatoes, quinoa or wild rice.