It’s February, and it’s Valentine’s Day. This is a delicious chocolate spread you can make to impress your Valentine (or for yourself). It combines the natural sweetness of dates with pure chocolate, hazelnuts and sunflower seed oil. So it’s a super healthy alternative to other chocolate spreads.
- Finely chop the dates, this can be a sticky job but don’t despair.
- Place all dates into a small bowl and cover with just enough boiling water so they’re covered, set aside and allow to soften for 30 minutes.
- Next, pour out the water. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until you have achieved a smooth, soft consistency.
- I recommend using only 2 Tbsp oil at the start and using more only if the paste won’t come together properly.
- Tip: If you can’t find Medjool dates you can use ordinary dates just as well.