This month is all about self-compassion, which extends to eating. You can have tasty, comforting food that is healthy at the same time. I was inspired by this healthier option of Carbonara in an Australian cookbook and felt it was too good not to share.
Tip:Instead of using a spiralizer for the courgette, you can simply grate them lengthways using your grater.
- Boil the pasta as normal in a large pan with water and some salt.
- Reserve 125ml of the cooking liquid for the sauce.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the bacon and garlic.
- To ensure the bacon cooks evenly and the garlic doesn’t burn, stir frequently. Prepare the courgetti, using a spiralizer.
- Add to the pan with the bacon and garlic and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, herbs and grated parmesan.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the pan while stirring and add as much saved pasta water as you need to create a creamy sauce. Season to your taste and serve immediately