I have tried a few gluten-free pizza bases in the past. I like this one as it’s quick to make and can be used immediately. It is still a little tricky to handle (sticky), so I used floured hands rather than a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Dress with your favourite pizza sauce, cheese and other toppings. This recipe was inspired by the great gluten-free author Becky Excell.
- Preheat your oven to 220C. Mix all the ingredients in a large enough bowl.
- It’ll turn into a sticky crumbly dough.
- Add more flour if it’s too sticky and wet. This depends on the type of yoghurt you use.
- Make 2 equal halves and roll them into a ball (You can dust your hands with flour here).
- Next, dust a sheet of parchment paper with some cornflour.
- Place a dough ball in the centre and start pushing it out with your hands/fingers.
- Keep adding more cornflour to the paper as you want the base to be sitting on it during the baking process.
- Once you have flattened the dough to form 2-quarter-inch nicely shaped pizza bases, they are ready to be decorated.
- Bake in the oven for 10mins or until the dough looks golden brown.