Whether you are gluten-free by choice or by necessity, these crackers are worth baking sometime. They are quickand easy to prepare, delicious and store well. I have given you the basic recipe here, but feel free to add spices and herbs to have a bit of fun with them. I personally love them with cumin or rosemary. You could even try adding a drizzle of garlic infused oil.
- Start by preheating your oven to 170c fan.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix them up.
- Next, add the oil and mix it in well (I do this in a food processor at a relatively low speed).
- The mixture should become crumbly.
- Now it’s time to start adding the water, little by little, while continuing the mixing.
- You will add about 50ml in total. This varies, so keep adding water until you have a smooth dough ball.
- Roll out the dough onto baking/parchment paper using a dusted rolling pin.
- When you have rolled it out evenly to about 2-3mm, cut the dough into cracker-size squares using a pizza cutter.
- Now it’s time to place it on a baking tray and bake it for about 15-20mins; start checking after 15 mins to see their colour.
- When they have turned a nice light golden colour, they’re ready to take out, cool down and enjoy!