This is an original French recipe for crepes. You can make these sweet or savoury. The beauty of this recipe is the lack of sugar, so you can make them literally as sweet or savoury as you like. Pancakes are a great weekend breakfast, handy as a snack on long walks, fit into lunchboxes, or can be eaten as a high-protein post-workout snack (when you add a scoop of your protein powder).
- Melt the butter either in the microwave or in a pan.
- Pour into a bowl, then add milk, eggs and flour.
- Whisk at high speed for 20 seconds or until you have got a mixture the consistency of cream (liquid cream, that is).
- You can store this batter in the fridge before you use it.
- In a medium size pan, heat some butter on medium to high heat. (It should spread readily and evenly on the pan to make a fully round crepe.)
- Fry for 3-5 mins, flip, and fry for another 1-2 mins.
- Leave to cool before serving!
- thinly spread honey
- sugar or homemade jam
- for savoury, add a little cheese and bacon before you wrap it up.