This cranberry and lentil bake has a little festive crunch to bring to your table this Christmas season.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan. Oil and line the base of a 200ml ovenproof ramekin with a circle of baking parchment. In a separate pan, bring the cranberries and wine to a boil and simmer until they’re starting to form a sauce. Next, pour this mixture into the ramekin.
- Now, soften the onions in a medium pan for about 5mins.
- Meanwhile, split the lentils in half quantities and mash up one half roughly using a fork. Add garlic, herbs and cloves to the pan and cook for another minute
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in all the lentils, tomato puree, soy and cornflour. Mix really well and add into the ramekin, pressing down firmly.
- (At this stage, you can choose to freeze the mixture. Defrost in the fridge overnight).
- Bake in the oven for 15mins. Turn out upside down to serve.