This is a wonderful soup that makes use of the autumn vegetables. It is filling and full of goodness. You can vary the quantity of ingredients, but I do like it with lots of potatoes. Seasonal vegetables are always fresh and thus rich in nutrients. This soup naturally contains high-quality complex carbs from the potatoes and courgettes, and it has lots of plant proteins from the peas. It’s rich in potassium and other minerals, so a great soup to eat when you have to keep going.
- Cut up the onions and add to a large deep pan alongside some olive oil to sweat over medium heat.
- Wash, peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Wash and cut the courgettes into bite size chunks.
- Once the onions are sweating add courgettes and potatoes, add 1l hot water with the stock cubes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the peas.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes have softened. Puree using a mixing stick, season and serve.