Bananas are a wonderful superfood. They’re high in potassium and good carbs, making them an ideal snack before or after exercise. Chocolate is rich in magnesium, which helps reduce muscle cramps and fatigue. Use the highest quality chocolate you can afford in this recipe. I love this dessert, partly because it is so healthy and delicious, but also because it is so simple to prepare. You can even ask your children to make it for themselves after school or as a snack. So easy!
- Break the chocolate into very small pieces.
- Place into a heat proof dish over boiling water and stir until it is melted.
- Peel the bananas, cut in half and push a lollipop stick into the thick end of each banana half (the end you cut through).
- Gently roll each banana lollipop in the hot chocolate, drizzle with some cacao nibs or other decoration, and place onto parchment paper to dry.
- Eat once the chocolate has hardened. Yum!