Butternut squash is another one of those delicious seasonal winter vegetables we should eat. It’s a classic winter warmer vegetable. Rich B Vitamins and minerals, fibre and complex carbs, its slight nutty yet sweet flavour makes a great soup.
- Over a medium heat, gently sweat the onion in olive oil in a deep pan for 3-5 mins or until they’re starting to brown.
- Add the cubed squash and continue to stir frequently until the squash starts to soften, about 10mins.
- Next, add garlic, and fresh herbs, mix everything well and add the vegetable stock.
- Simmer gently for ca 25mins until the squash is soft and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper
- Put into a blender, or blend using a hand blender to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Serve alone, with a slice of sourdough bread, or keep in the fridge to eat later.