Beetroot is deeply nourishing and very good to eat as a seasonal vegetable right now. It should be on your menu once or twice a month at least, and with this easy-to-prepare salad you’ll be eating it all the time. Carrots and apples are full of vitamins and are also still quite seasonal and fresh. Serve as a side dish or as a very healthy lunch on its own. Can be prepared in advance to eat on the go.
- Peel and slice the carrots lengthways.
- Finely cut into thin half moon shapes. Next, cut the cores out of the apples, wash them and quarter them.
- Slice each quarter into fine slices.Cut the beetroot into small chunks.
- Mix everything together well. Dress with a drizzle of olive oil, toss well.
- Next, add the toasted almond flakes and finely chopped mint, toss again.
- Dress with a few almond flakes and a few more mint leaves.
- Ready to serve!