This recipe is simple to prepare, it’s a classic. Top it with buttercream, or raspberry and whipped cream. Add lemon zest for added flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease an 18cm cake tin and line with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients using a handheld blender or another kitchen machine.
- Make sure to beat it long enough to make it light and fluffy.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 40-50 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before enjoying it.