Warning – this is a delicious recipe that is still a healthy choice. Berries are in season, and they are powerhouses of nutrients to build up your immune system. The vivid colours are actually phytonutrients that support the allowed berries to ripen in the autumn.
- Put the berries into a pan with 4-5 tablespoons of water
- Bring to a boil and simmer a medium heat just long enough for them to start softening, this can take anything from 10- 15mins.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all ingredients for the crumble to form a lovely crumbly texture.
- When your fruit has reached the desired consistency, add it to a deep-bottomed ceramic oven dish.
- Cover with your crumble mixture, and bake for 20-30 mins.
- Leave to cool before serving!