This recipe is a traditional African dish that is served at festivities around large parts of the continent. In Ghana it’s called Nkate. I researched this recipe and settled on a low carb version. Peanuts are a traditional food, they high in proteins and beneficial plant fats. This dish will keep you going long, so it’s a great meal to cook when you know you need sustenance. Serve with rice and steamed spinach.
- Start by putting the onions, garlic, chili and tomatoes into a food processor and mixing until they’re well pureed and mixed.
- Cut the chicken fillet into fine strips.
- Wash and cut the aubergine into thin slices. Saute the aubergine and chicken in a hot pan with some peanut oil.
- Once they start to brown, add the puree and tomato passata, mix everything thoroughly.
- Now, add the remainder of the ingredients, that is the peanut butter, cayenne and cumin to taste.
- Add chicken broth, allow everything to come to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Ready to serve!