It’s mid-winter, and the days are still short. This recipe is a fresher version of a traditional fry. Fresh vegetables are essential at this time of year, and sometimes they can be challenging to fit into the day. They are rich in vitamins, gut friendly fibre, rehydrating water and complex carbs. So start the day the right way!
- Turn on your grill.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on an oven tray and put them aside.
- Place the courgette and peppers on a separate tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and start grilling.
- Start frying the mushrooms in a little olive oil on medium heat.
- Check the vegetables and turn them once if they start to burn. They should be ready in 6-7 mins.
- Put aside and place the cherry tomatoes under the grill.
- Check your mushrooms and eggs.
- Once the tomatoes have started to burn lightly and open up.
- Serve with your sourdough toast, salt and pepper.