It’s February, and it’s Valentine’s Day. If you are cooking for a Valentine this year, you want to produce a delicious and original meal, yet you don’t want to end up feeling bloated at the end of the evening. This delicious chicken recipe is original and fun. Mushrooms on an older recipe. It’s worth finding out beforehand if your Valentine likes mushrooms.
- In a medium pan, heat some olive oil, add the mushrooms, stir frequently to avoid burning.
- When they start to reduce it’s time to add your shallots (if you’re using onions I’d start them together with the mushrooms as they take more time).
- Give this a couple of minutes to sweat together.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Now add the apples and butter.
- Cook them to soften for a couple of minutes. Add to the mushrooms.
- Now, heat up the pan again and brown the chicken thighs on either side for 1-2 min each.
- Add wine and broth and bring up to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms, apples and thyme back into the pan, cover it and simmer it for 15-20mins or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- When the chicken is ready, add the cream a little at a time, stirring, until you have achieved the consistency you like.
- Delicious with a side of mixed vegetables!