Who doesn’t love a good burrito? They are so filling, nutritious, versatile and can be prepared in advance. A decent burrito will fill you for the day. Here, I have used refried beans instead of minced meat. Play around with the ingredients to make it exciting for yourself. A burrito is basically a combo of tortilla wrap, warm refried beans, cooked rice, grated cheddar cheese and salsa. So it’s easy to prepare. This is also a great family meal to create together.
- In a large bowl, combine the warmed refried beans, salsa, rice and half of the grated cheese.
- Ideally, add some grated lettuce and tomatoes as well. Mix well.
- Now it’s time to add some of the mixture onto each of the 8 tortillas, leaving enough room to fold over the ends and roll them up.
- Heat the oven to 220C fan, arrange the tortillas in an oven-proof dish
- Top with the remainder of the cheese and briefly put into the oven to melt the cheese (2-3 minutes).
- Enjoy hot or cold.