I am all about flavour and texture when it comes to eating weight loss meals. Enjoying exciting new flavours is part of being excited about changing your diet and keeping with it. The recipes need to be easy to cook as well to keep me going. I hope this soup has it all. Double up portion size to make it ahead and keep in the fridge.
- Prepare the veg, wash and finely chop the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chili.
- Place into a deep pan and cover with the veg stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely cut the shiitake mushrooms, roughly chop the Pak Choi and finely slice the carrots.
- Add the carrots into the broth and bring back to the boil, simmer for a few minutes and then add soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the carrots start to soften.
- Finally, add the Pak Choi and mushrooms, cover, simmer for 1-2 minutes, and serve.
- Great with a sprinkle of coriander.