Spoiler alert: this recipe is designed with female hormone health in mind. Seed Cycling is a new concept I came across recently. The idea is to eat the right seeds (= essential fatty acids) during the right time of the month to balance hormones. This recipe is useful for the second half of your cycle.
Make the night before:
- Gently heat up the mixed berries in a deep pan over medium heat, adding a little water at the start.
- Stirring occasionally, allow the berries to melt and blend together for 10-15 mins.
- Put away to cool, overnight or for 1-2 hours.
The next day:
- To prepare your crunch, you will need to use raw seeds as we are looking for their oils not to have been spoilt by heat.
- In a breakfast bowl, layer the yoghurt, seeds and oats, cover with as much compote as desired and finish off with raw cacao nibs for an extra special treat.
- Ready to serve!