Roast chicken is one of the ultimate winter warmer meals in our house. While it never gets old, it does take some time to prepare and cook. This dish does away with the time and effort involved. Spend 10 or 15 minutes preparing, put it in the oven and allow the oven to do its work for you.
Quick time-saving tip – if you feel lazy and want to cut down on preparation time, simply choose a bag of frozen soup vegetables, add 2-3 potatoes, and you’re done!
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Place the onion, garlic and celery onto the bottom of the dish,
- Next place all the vegetables onto it, and then place the chicken pieces on top.
- Cover with enough stock to make sure most of the vegetables are covered to avoid them burning in the bottom of the pan.
- Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- I recommend you place sprigs of rosemary throughout the pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, checking regularly to make sure you have enough stock in the bottom of the pan to avoid burning.
- Once the chicken is crisp it’s ready to serve. Also great as cold lunch the following day.