You should start your day with a healthy breakfast. Supplying your body with vitamins, minerals, and protein early in the day gives a real boost to its immune system. Ideally, your breakfast should contain some complex carbs (like porridge, muesli or wholemeal sourdough bread), a good quality protein (like tofu scramble or nut butter) and some fresh berries.
Turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting. If it’s too much to bear in the morning, simply take it out. Instead, use this as a healthy post-workout or mid-afternoon snack for any day.
Stay away from commercially produced breakfast cereals as they are laden with sugar, which actually weakens your immune system. Likewise, try to avoid eating on the run. Eat sitting down in a relaxed atmosphere, if you can. Have a glass or two of water at or before breakfast to help rehydrate your body after the night.
- The night before, take 2 mugs, put 2 tbsp chia seeds into each mug, cover with 125ml but milk each and stir well.
- Chia can be hard to separate and mix thoroughly, so you might even choose to do this step in a container with the lid closed, shake it well, and then separate the mixture into mugs.
- Next, mix the spices in a separate dish and divide equally between the mugs; stir in well.
- Put into the fridge overnight to allow chia seeds to absorb all liquid.
- The next morning, take it out of the fridge and cover it with your preferred choice of berries, compote or even mango and pineapple. Delicious!