These egg and veg muffins are perfect as lunchbox fillers, a quick breakfast, or as a post-workout snack. They store in the fridge and freeze as well. Play around with the type and quantity of vegetables you want to add to your muffins. The more colours you use the more nutrients you get from the wonderful world of phytochemicals (which are stored in the bright colours of vegetables).
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a standard muffin tin.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or a little longer if you like them softer.
- Add the courgette and spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the eggs together until smooth.
- Add the cooked vegetables and pour the mixture into the pre-greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on size. Make sure the muffins are cooked through evenly before you take them out of the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating, or enjoy cold later on.