This recipe can be made gluten-free or standard. If you are cooking for both, you can split this batch in half and make one gluten-free lasagne and one with standard sheets. When buying gluten-free lasagne sheets make sure to buy those that you don’t need to pre-cook or soak. Much easier that way. Gluten-free lasagne sheets tend to dry up around the edges, so when placing in the dish and covering
with sauces, make sure to cover them completely.
- In a deep pan, fry the vegetables and meat on medium heat until they start to soften.
- Add stock, tomatoes, wine and herbs.
- Mix well and continue to cook on medium heat.
- For the white sauce, gently melt the butter in a wide bottom pan, and slowly add flour to make a paste.
- Now, add the milk, stirring continuously and keep cooking until it forms a thick sauce. Season to taste.
- In an oven-proof dish, start layering, alternating red sauce, pasta sheets, and white sauce.
- Repeat this process twice, finishing with white sauce at the top.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese and bake in the oven for 35mins at 180C.