This is a lovely light dinner option, snack or lunch on the go. toasted sourdough bread, or with oat crackers. Lentils are a really useful food to include in our diets. They are packed with fibre, iron and complex carbs. They fill you up nicely without adding too many calories to your day. I found this recipe in a magazine in Germany and simply had to share it.
- Wash and boil the lentils at medium heat for 12-15 mins.
- I prefer to boil them in plenty of water and rinse them after boiling.
- Allow any excess water to evaporate off while you’re preparing the rest of the dip.
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp sugar, allow everything to melt together and caramelize before taking off the heat
- Now, add all ingredients together in a blender and blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Just before you’re finished, add coriander. Allow to cool fully before serving.