We’re reopening 1st July!
We’re thrilled to be able to welcome you back into our clubs from an earlier date of 1st July!
The government has said we’re fine to open from June 29th, but we’re going to take a couple of extra days just to make sure all our new health and safety measures are running like clockwork, ready to look after you when you arrive.
As we all get used to a new way of working (and working out!), we’ll initially be operating slightly reduced opening hours from 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
How you can help
As well as all the training and cleaning measures going on behind the scenes, there are a few things we need your help with, to ensure everyone stays safe:
- Save your space. We’ll need you to pre book your gym, swim and class sessions up to 48 hours in advance so we can manage numbers, keeping them to the government guidelines. If you can’t make a session you’ve booked, please cancel it so others can have your spot. If you haven’t already, please download the FitSense app and use this to book your slots from 29th June and to enter the club. Please let us know if you need any help getting started.
- Healthy hands. We’re asking you to please either wash or sanitise your hands regularly and we have special stations around the club to make this easy.
- Say it with a smile. Whilst it’s tempting to give your friends and favourite trainers a big hug to say hello, we’ll need to keep our distance for now.
- Spray, wipe, throw away. Before and after using any piece of equipment use the provided anti-microbial spray and blue paper towel to clean it, then pop the towel in the bins provided.
- Feeling rough? If you’re unwell, we’d ask you to please hold off visiting the club until you’re completely better. We know it’s probably nothing, but you’d feel awful if it wasn’t and you passed it on.
- Your fit kit. If you have your own mat from working out at home, you might want to bring it with you. Sweat towels should only be used for wiping your own body, not for wiping down equipment, please use the special spray and blue paper towel instead.
- Changing habits. We’d ask you to only use the changing rooms if you really need to e.g. after a swim. Arriving and leaving changed for your workout will reduce the traffic into these areas and make it easier for them to stay sparkly clean.
Things to think about:
- Start on the right foot. Starting back at the gym is a great time for a fitness revamp and our trainers are poised, ready to help. We can meet you in the club or virtually, whatever suits you best.
- Sharing is caring. Please only book in for one class a day to ensure everyone gets a chance to do one. Our classes are now socially distanced and we’d ask that if you want a chat afterwards, you move to a more spacious area away from the studio. If you want to do more, we’ll still be running online live classes for you to do at home and where possible outdoor classes to give you the best chance of enjoying your favourite workouts.
- Too hot to handle. Due to government guidelines we are unable to open our saunas, steam rooms and jacuzzis right now, but we’ll bring those back online as soon as we’re permitted and there is guidance on how to do this safely.
If you have any questions, please email the club and someone will contact you as soon as possible. The phones at the clubs won’t be manned until we’re open.