Spoiler alert: this recipe is designed with female hormone health in mind. You can use the right type of seeds depending on where you are in the cycle. Pumpkin/flaxseed for the first half of the cycle and sunflower/sesame seeds for the second half of the cycle.
These energy balls are a nutritious treat full of natural sugars, which should not cause any blood sugar imbalance but rather balance them out. Maca powder is energising.
- In a strong blender, blend together all seeds until you have achieved the consistency of a nut/seed butter.
- Now, blend again with the cut-up Medjool dates added. If you feel it is not runny enough, now is a good time to add a little oil and blend again.
- When you are happy with the consistency, add all other ingredients (minus honey/syrup unless you haven’t used the dates) and blend again.
- Fill a plate with either cocoa powder or desiccated coconut flakes (or both!)
- Having rolled the mixture into smooth balls between the palms of your hands, roll them gently in the cocoa/coconut flakes and set aside.
- Ideally left to store in a sealed container in the fridge, these beauties last for 2-3 days easily.