A traditional Easter European autumn recipe. Beetroot and onions are high in fibre which aids healthy digestion and reduces bloating. Beetroot is also high in potassium, making them good post-workout food. They’re said to improve athletic performance, too.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Take a large deep pan and heat the oil; add onions, carrots, parsnip and beetroot.
- Stirring gently, allow them to sweat.
- Add 1l boiling water and bring to a boil.
- Now, add the potatoes
- Season with salt, a little sugar, vinegar, cumin, chilli and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil, cover it and allow to simmer for 30mins.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked soft, blend the stew a little using a hand blender.
- Ready to serve!